Saturday, August 6, 2016

Rose Arbor Embroidery

This is my latest embroidery, I hope you enjoy seeing it.  This one only took me about three weeks to finish since it's not a super large piece.  I got this vintage pattern on Pinterest which can be a wonderful place to find both patterns and vintage embroideries for lots of inspiration.
Here's a copy if you would like to stitch one up yourself.
As always, I used a variety of thread brands from my ever growing collection.  These flowers were made with Cosmos Seasons, Gentle Art, Needle Necessities and Sulky Blendables. 
The yellow hollyhocks and the lavendar lazy daisy flowers were both made with Sulky Blendable threads.  This was the first time I had used very much of this thread and it was very enjoyable to use.
I stitched these roses in a woven spider web stitch which is easy to do but just very time consuming.  This thread is called "Gypsy", one of the Artiste collection that was sold by Hobby Lobby but is now unfortunately discontinued.  I love the variety of pink colors all in one skein of thread.  The leaves and grass were done with a Cosmos Season green that I find myself using again and again.

Thanks for taking time to look at my embroidery again, I appreciate your visit!


Sunday, July 3, 2016

More Berlinwork

This is the first of three of my Berlinwork finishes that I would like to show you.  I have loved this floral ever since I first saw it in this old Dutch magazine.
They show it stitched on black fabric which is a more striking contrast,  but I just wasn't brave enough to try it on black.  So I used this blue fabric which shows it off fairly nicely, too, I think.
Then there is this little landscape that was quick and fun to stitch.  I found the pattern for it on a wonderful website that has several beautiful Berlinwork patterns offered for free.  It's not anything illegal , everything she has comes from very old patterns that are in the public domain.  Be sure and check out the link if you like to do Berlinwork.  I cannot wait to stitch the one of a mother cat and her kitten!

The last one is part of a large sampler from an issue of Sampler and Antique Needlework Magazine which, sadly, is no longer being published.  I didn't feel up to doing the whole sampler at that time, so I just did one of my favorite parts of  it, this darling little rooster and hen scene.
 
I hope you're having a wonderful summer.  It's been a good one here so far, we have been watching all of the hay around our house being cut and bailed and our flower gardens are doing nicely.  Thank you so much for visiting!



Monday, January 11, 2016

House Embroidery

I just finished this embroidery, it's been a while since I've done one of these, so I really enjoyed it.  As usual, I used a vintage pattern.
I made a few small changes, but mostly stuck to the way it was.  I used a lot of different brands of threads from my very enormous stash.  
I like the multi-colored thread that the roof and door are made of, unfortunately, I have already forgotten what brand it was.
A closer view.
I put a little trellis on the corner of the house using white pearl cotton.
I'm going to give this little embroidery picture to a lady who is a dialysis patient at the place where my hubby is also a patient.  I always bring a project to work on while I wait there and she was always admiring it, so I hope she will enjoy it.  I hope you got a little bit of enjoyment from looking at it, too, and thank you for visiting!


Sunday, December 6, 2015

Beidermeier Sampler Redo Finished

I started working on this sampler several months ago, but as you may or may not remember, I really wasn't very fond of a lot of the dull colors it has.  I thought it might look nicer, at least to me, if some of the browns and beiges were replaced with some brighter colors.  Now it is finished and here is the result.
I left all of the greens and a few browns and grays as they were, but changed most of the other colors.  I love pink and blue so I used a lot of those and also some very light peach here and there, especially in the lower and the right border.
I love these motifs, don't you?
I first stitched the cherries in a medium pink, then changed them to this dark red just to have all of the red in the sampler more balanced, but I'm not sure it was the right choice, they did look nice when they were pink.  Sorry about the turquoise fuzz on one of the leaves, I don't know how that ended up there.
This wreath motif is my favorite one. 
Thanks for looking!  I also want to say sorry I have not been visiting or commenting very much on your blogs these past few months.  In July, my husband started having to do dialysis and it was very rough for a couple of months.  I've always been a terrible worrier and it was difficult for me to think about very much of anything else during that time.
But I'm happy to say, he is doing so much better now, it just took some time for him to get adjusted and he is feeling quite well.
Thank you so much for visiting!